Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
local Chapter DC/MD
THANK YOUTo everyone who made our 2023 spring conference a rousing success. We had a larger than expected turnout, wonderful presentations, great food, and some worthy award recipients. Congratulations to our 2022 award recipients:
Why should I join?
- Plan conferences and other learning environments for you
- Provide a forum for us on a local, state, and federal level to discuss issues as they affect the people of the blind and visually impaired community and those who work with them.
- Provide professional publications assessing the latest in technologies and instructional methods
- Provide scholarships, learning opportunities, and leadership opportunities for people to help further the field.
- Discounts to conferences and other events.
- Access to e-learning events
- Access to listservs that will allow you to interact with others in the field.
- Discounts on numerous other services, such as auto insurance, hotels, rental cars, and even professional liability insurance
- Access to various awards and scholarships to help you advance in your field.
- The opportunity to network with others in the field.
- Access to help shape the direction you would like AER to move. We rely on our members to tell us what they would like the only professional organization for people who work with the blind and visually-impaired community. Tell us what you would like to see.
Are you a DC-MD AER Chapter member in good standing AND looking for a way to get involved with the chapter? Please consider joining one of our committees, get connected, and help continue to move us in a positive direction.
If you have additional questions about any of these committees please reach out to us via e-mail at email@example.com.
***MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WITH AER***
Not a member, but want to become one? It’s never too late register!
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Board of Directors
Apply for Services
SAVE THE DATE
Blind Shell and All-Terrain Cane Demos
Sedona Dave (developer of the All-Terrain Cane)
Tuesday, April 18 4-6 pm
at Maryland School for the Blind
3501 Taylor Ave. Nottingham, MD 21236
Early Learning Building
This is a FREE event
No Registration. Just show up