Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
local Chapter DC/MD
Nominate a worthy candidate for one of our four great awards:
Excellence in Direct Service in Education Excellence in Direct Service in Rehabilitation Friend of the Blind and Visually Impaired Community Excellence in the Field of Blindness and Visual ImpairmentAwards will be presented at our 2024 Spring Conference on March 8th at the Maritime Conference Center in Linthicum, MD. Nominate someone here.
JOIN OUR MENTOR PROGRAM
If you're new to the field and need someone you don't work with to ask questions to, or if you're a seasoned professional who has wisdom to share, we need you for our Mentor/mentee program. We will link you up with a mentor/mentee you can talk to. Bringing people together; it's what we do.
Click the "Mentorship" link up top, or go here to sign on.
DGM & CLM PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
This great award issues awards of $750 to $2,000 to persons who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement by expanding the knowledge base for the education and treatment of children who are blind, including those having multiple disabilities.
Examples of contributions to the education and treatment of members of this population that will be considered for award:
- Publication of original material in professional journals
- Presentation of new findings at professional conferences
- Development of innovative techniques, methodologies or approaches
- Innovation in personnel development strategies and applications
Why should I join?
- Plan conferences and other learning environments for you
- Provide a forum for us on a local, state, and federal level to discuss issues as they affect the people of the blind and visually impaired community and those who work with them.
- Provide professional publications assessing the latest in technologies and instructional methods
- Provide scholarships, learning opportunities, and leadership opportunities for people to help further the field.
- Discounts to conferences and other events.
- Access to e-learning events
- Access to listservs that will allow you to interact with others in the field.
- Discounts on numerous other services, such as auto insurance, hotels, rental cars, and even professional liability insurance
- Access to various awards and scholarships to help you advance in your field.
- The opportunity to network with others in the field.
- Access to help shape the direction you would like AER to move. We rely on our members to tell us what they would like the only professional organization for people who work with the blind and visually-impaired community. Tell us what you would like to see.
Are you a DC-MD AER Chapter member in good standing AND looking for a way to get involved with the chapter? Please consider joining one of our committees, get connected, and help continue to move us in a positive direction.
If you have additional questions about any of these committees please reach out to us via e-mail at email@example.com.
***MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WITH AER***
Not a member, but want to become one? It’s never too late register!
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Board of Directors
Apply for Services
SAVE THE DATE
2024 DC-MD AER Spring Conference
All Aboard the Technology Train -- Headed for Success
Friday, March 8, 2024
Maritime Conference Center
Keynote speaker: Sam from the Blind Life