Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
local Chapter DC/MD
16th Annual Baltimore 5K VisionWalk
Date: June 4, 2023
Location: Latrobe Park & Fort McHenry
10AM Stage Presentation
10:20AM Walk StartYour DC/MD chapter is fielding a team to raise money for VisionWalk 2023, supporting the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Join our team as a walker or donate to our team.Since its inception in the Spring of 2006, VisionWalk has raised over $63 million to fund sight-saving research. As promising treatments move into critical human studies, the need for research funding is greater than ever.Join the tens of thousands of people who have taken important steps toward a cure by participating with us in the Baltimore VisionWalk in Spring 2023 at Latrobe Park & Fort McHenry.Foundation Fighting Blindness will supply VisionWalk t-shirts to those who raise over $100 and there will be a special symbol for our AER walkers and potential prizes as well!Register for the walk, or donate to our team, hereIf you plan to walk, post the link to your Facebook, Instagram, or whatever social media you kids use these days to get donations.
Why should I join?
- Plan conferences and other learning environments for you
- Provide a forum for us on a local, state, and federal level to discuss issues as they affect the people of the blind and visually impaired community and those who work with them.
- Provide professional publications assessing the latest in technologies and instructional methods
- Provide scholarships, learning opportunities, and leadership opportunities for people to help further the field.
- Discounts to conferences and other events.
- Access to e-learning events
- Access to listservs that will allow you to interact with others in the field.
- Discounts on numerous other services, such as auto insurance, hotels, rental cars, and even professional liability insurance
- Access to various awards and scholarships to help you advance in your field.
- The opportunity to network with others in the field.
- Access to help shape the direction you would like AER to move. We rely on our members to tell us what they would like the only professional organization for people who work with the blind and visually-impaired community. Tell us what you would like to see.
Are you a DC-MD AER Chapter member in good standing AND looking for a way to get involved with the chapter? Please consider joining one of our committees, get connected, and help continue to move us in a positive direction.
If you have additional questions about any of these committees please reach out to us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WITH AER***
Not a member, but want to become one? It’s never too late register!
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Board of Directors
Apply for Services
SAVE THE DATE
2024 DC-MD AER Spring Conference
Friday, March 8, 2024
Maritime Conference Center
Stay tuned for more info