Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
local Chapter DC/MD
Thank you to the following vendors,
who made our Vendor Fair a rousing success
- Integration Technologies Group
- Touch Graphics
- Guiding Eyes
- Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
- The Low Vision Shop
- Reilly Insurance
Nominations Are Now OpenClick on our AWARDS link and nominate someone for one of our four great awards.Awards will be presented at our spring conference on March, 10, 2023, but you only have until December 31, 2022 to nominate someone.
FREE APPLE ACCESSIBILITY AWARENESS WORKSHOP
Saturday, December 10, 2022
10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Apple Store 4860 Bethesda Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814
Classes are limited to 15 people, so sign up today.
Why should I join?
- Plan conferences and other learning environments for you
- Provide a forum for us on a local, state, and federal level to discuss issues as they affect the people of the blind and visually impaired community and those who work with them.
- Provide professional publications assessing the latest in technologies and instructional methods
- Provide scholarships, learning opportunities, and leadership opportunities for people to help further the field.
- Discounts to conferences and other events.
- Access to e-learning events
- Access to listservs that will allow you to interact with others in the field.
- Discounts on numerous other services, such as auto insurance, hotels, rental cars, and even professional liability insurance
- Access to various awards and scholarships to help you advance in your field.
- The opportunity to network with others in the field.
- Access to help shape the direction you would like AER to move. We rely on our members to tell us what they would like the only professional organization for people who work with the blind and visually-impaired community. Tell us what you would like to see.
Are you a DC-MD AER Chapter member in good standing AND looking for a way to get involved with the chapter? Please consider joining one of our committees, get connected, and help continue to move us in a positive direction.
If you have additional questions about any of these committees please reach out to us via e-mail at email@example.com.
***MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WITH AER***
Not a member, but want to become one? It’s never too late register!
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Board of Directors
Apply for Services
DC-MD AER 2023 Spring Conference
in conjunction with Maryland State Steering
Friday, March 10, 2023 Maritime Conference Center Linthicum Heights, MD
Many great presentations
Our fabulous awards luncheon