Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
local Chapter DC/MD
THANK YOUto everyone who attended and presented at our 2022 spring conference, TogethAER Again. By all accounts, it was a major success with participants from all over the country.Congratulations to all our award recipients:
- Friend of the Blind and Visually Impaired Community — Churchville Lion’s Club
- Excellence in Rehabilitation — Debbie Williamson
- Excellence in Education — Jamie Lynn Fox
- Excellence in the Field of Blindness and Visual Impairment — Dona Sauerburger
YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE AWARD PRESENTATION IN THE VIDEO BELOW
Why should I join?
- Plan conferences and other learning environments for you
- Provide a forum for us on a local, state, and federal level to discuss issues as they affect the people of the blind and visually impaired community and those who work with them.
- Provide professional publications assessing the latest in technologies and instructional methods
- Provide scholarships, learning opportunities, and leadership opportunities for people to help further the field.
- Discounts to conferences and other events.
- Access to e-learning events
- Access to listservs that will allow you to interact with others in the field.
- Discounts on numerous other services, such as auto insurance, hotels, rental cars, and even professional liability insurance
- Access to various awards and scholarships to help you advance in your field.
- The opportunity to network with others in the field.
- Access to help shape the direction you would like AER to move. We rely on our members to tell us what they would like the only professional organization for people who work with the blind and visually-impaired community. Tell us what you would like to see.
Are you a DC-MD AER Chapter member in good standing AND looking for a way to get involved with the chapter? Please consider joining one of our committees, get connected, and help continue to move us in a positive direction.
If you have additional questions about any of these committees please reach out to us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WITH AER***
TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Board of Directors
Apply for Services
Call for Papers
For our 2023 conference
ShAERing the Road: The Interdisciplinary Approach
March 10, 2023
We are planning to have an in-person conference and are so excited to see our friends and colleagues.
The theme is the interdisciplinary approach. Do you work together with a PT, OT, APE teacher? How do you collaborate with classroom teachers, parents, spouses, client bosses? Tell us about it. Think about presenting at our first in-person conference in three years.
Apply to present here
For all accepted presentations, the first presenter will receive a free admission to the conference.